Scope and Objectives
ASRP Project Scope
The Academic System Resource Planning (ASRP) project aims to provide an intelligent decision-making system that is quality-oriented. The system analyzes real-time inputs and outputs of various academic processes. Academic quality framework requirements are quantified to reflect current achievement levels. Finally, corrective actions are automatically generated to support the decision-making process.
ASRP Project Objectives
- Mapping of academic processes for optimal performance.
- Providing an automated integrated environment for academic processes.
- Developing a comprehensive set of performance dashboards.
- Adopting an objective internal system for quantitative assessment of academic quality requirements.
- Employing a smart decision-making environment towards continuous improvement of quality goals.
Elements of NU ASRP System
Portals: Online systems for automated operation.
- Process: Groups of activities designed to create added value.
- Process quantification: The process resources are termed Process Control Variables (PCVs). The process' success indicators are termed Process Measurement Variables (PMVs).
- Quality systems: Frameworks introduced by regulating bodies and independent entities to assure academic quality.
- Smart control system: for decision making, closed-loop control with examples.