The NU Library strengthens and enhances the teaching, research, and service of the Nile University.
The NU Library supports fully the instructional and research programs of the University. It also promotes intellectual growth and creativity by developing collections, facilitating access to information resources, teaching the effective use of information resources and critical evaluation skills and offering research assistance through a high-quality study environment.
The NU Library is engaged in learning and discovery as essential participants in the educational community.
We develop, organize, provide access to and preserve materials to meet the needs of present and future generations of students and Faculty. We explore and implement innovative technologies and services to deliver information and scholarly resources conveniently to users anytime/anyplace.
We also provide a welcoming and comfortable physical environment where students can pursue independent learning and discovery outside the classroom.
- We believe the NU library is central to the intellectual and creative lives of the users we serve.
- We recognize users as our primary focus.
- We support self-education, learning, research, and scholarship.
- We promote equity of access to information.
- We value diversity.
- We respect user privacy.
- We defend intellectual freedom.
- We develop our human resources and support continuous professional development.
- Provide library services and resources in multiple formats that meet our users’ needs.
- Develop, explore, and implement new information technologies and resources that contribute to the success of the Libraries.
- Develop and implement strategies that maximize the effectiveness of the Libraries’ integrated library system (ILS).
- Invest in Libraries personnel to enhance their abilities to provide excellent customer service along with appropriate Libraries services and resources.
- Educate users about the library’s services and resources.
- Increase collaboration with students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Create and implement marketing and development plans that will enhance the visibility, image and resource base of the University Libraries.
If you want to access NU's Library and its contents, CLICK HERE