Dr. Ismail is the Director of Wireless Intelligent Networks Center (WINC) for Research, and Wireless Technology (WT) Program, Nile University. Additionally, he is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electronics and Computer, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Nile University, Egypt. In 2015, Dr. Ismail had postdoctoral research in optical and wireless communications at the Technical Institute of Microwave and Photonic Engineering, University of Graz, Austria. In 2018, he joined the optical wireless communication research group at the Department of Engineering and Sciences, University of Oxford, UK, to work in research of quantum communication in free space. His research interests lie in the broad areas including optical and wireless communications, mmWave, mobile edge computing, cryptography, quantum communications, IoT security, and blockchain, as well as the applications of artificial intelligence and machine learning in communication networks and healthcare.
Since 2014, Dr. Ismail joint several research projects funded nationally by NTRA, ASRT, STDF, and ITIDA (Egypt) and internationally by InnoveUK (UK). He is established and lead a research group for optical and wireless communications at Cairo University, Egypt. He has research stays at the Technical Institute of Microwave and Photonic Engineering, University of Graz (Austria), American University of Cairo (Egypt), Cairo University (Egypt), and Malaviya National Institute of Technology (India).
Click Here to see Dr. Tawfik's Scopus Profile.
- 2020: Free Space Optical Communication with a Quantum Light, funded by Science, Technology and Innovation Funding Authority (STIFA), Egypt.
- 2020: Integrated Artificial intelligence and Design Expert to Forecast Spread of Coronavirus in Egypt, funded by Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT), Egypt.
- 2018: Q-DOS light: Quantum Key Distribution for Drones with Optimal Size, weight and power, University of Oxford, co-funded by Innovate UK and Airbus Group.
- 2018: Heterogeneous Indoor Li-Fi/Wi-Fi System for 5G Wireless Networks funded by National Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (NTRA), Egypt and cooperated with Etisalat Misr – CFPG6.
- 2016: Heterogeneous C-RAN Architecture Based on Hybrid FSO/mmWave Fronthaul Transport Network for 5G Mobile Systems,” funded by National Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (NTRA), Egypt and cooperated with Etisalat Misr – CFPG5.
- 2016: Performance Improvement in Indoor Visible Light Communication (VLC) System using MIMO-OFDM based Techniques,” funded by Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT), Egypt and Department of Science and Technology (DST), India.
- 2016: Modelling and implementation of free space optical transceiver for next generation optical communication applications,” funded by Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT), Egypt and Department of Science and Technology (DST), India.
- 2015: Active Implantable Neural Interface Platform, funded by Information Technology Industry Development Agency (ITIDA), Egypt.
- 2014: Design of High-Speed Optical Communication Access Networks with Optical On-Chip Network FPGA (OOCN-FPGA) Integration, funded by National Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (NTRA), Egypt – CFPG4.